MASTER MONEY AND ATM CARD AGREEMENT
This MasterMoney and ATM Card Agreement (“Agreement”) states the terms and conditions governing any MasterMoney debit card or ATM card (both referred to as “Card”) that is issued by Cincinnati Federal Savings and Loan Association (“Association”) under the laws of the United States and the State of Ohio. The initial use, signing, or other acceptance of the Card by you, the cardholder, or by any other person authorized or otherwise permitted by you (you and such persons also collectively referred to as “User”) constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions. The use of the card is subject to the terms and conditions of your account and any future changes to the account may affect the use of the Card.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN): For security purposes, a PIN has been issued to you. The numbers are confidential and should NOT be disclosed to third parties and NOT recorded on your Card or cardholder. You are responsible for safekeeping your PIN(s). You agree not to make your PIN available to anyone not authorized on the account.
- MasterMoney Card Services:
USE: You may use the Card to:
- Withdraw cash from your account at ATMs, merchants, or financial institutions using your PIN;
- Make purchases at any locations displaying the MasterCard logo. (referred to as “point-of-sale” or POS transactions). These will not generally require the use of your PIN; however, you may be asked to sign a sales slip.
- Order goods or services by mail, telephone or internet from places that accept MasterCard.
- Make automatic payments from your account to pay bills or other charges, provided that the organization or person you are paying accepts payments in this fashion.
LINKED ONLY TO CHECKING ACCOUNTS: When you use this service, you are making withdrawals from your checking account. When used as a debit card, it works like writing a check against your checking account. It is NOT a credit card.
PROCESS: To have this transaction processed as a MasterMoney Transaction, you must press the CREDIT button on the keypad the merchant gives you. They are processed like credit card transactions, so you must use the CREDIT option. We are not liable if a merchant or other financial institution does not accept your card. We may place a hold on your account for a transaction either on the day it is presented to us for payment, by electronic or other means, or on the day we receive notice of the transaction, whichever is earlier. If a merchant or financial institution requests an authorization for a transaction you want to conduct, we may place a hold on your account.
You may NOT place a stop payment on a transaction. You may have to settle directly with the merchant, any disputes you may have about goods or services you purchase using your Card.
LIMITS: Initially, limits on the maximum daily dollar amount on your MasterMoney Debit card may be set at the system default, which is $500 per card. This consists of $200 on ATM withdrawals and $300 on MasterMoney purchases. At any time, you may request to have these limits increased. The Association reserves the right to determine the appropriate limits on a Card and may cancel the Card at any time without notice.
FEES/CHARGES: Cincinnati Federal does NOT charge for any POS or MasterMoney transactions.
See the Association’s “Fee Schedule” for various account fees.
- ATM Card: ATM Cards can be linked to either checking, or statement savings accounts. These are primarily used for obtaining cash from ATMs and are pin-based transactions. These Cards do not have debit transaction capability like MasterMoney Cards. Initially, those who receive ATM cards receive a daily card limit of $100. The Cincinnati Federal may raise this amount upon request. The Association reserves the right to determine the appropriate limits on a Card and may cancel the Card at any time without notice.
Regulation E Disclosure / Electronic Funds Transfer Act
The following disclosure explains your rights, liabilities and responsibilities under the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Act. An EFT is any transfer of funds, other than a transaction originated by check, draft, or similar paper instrument, that is originated through an ATM, telephone, computer or electronic terminal for the purpose of authorizing the financial institution to debit or credit your account. These would include:
ATM, point-of-sale and debit card (MasterMoney) transactions, any direct deposits (payroll, social security, pension…) and direct payments (insurance premiums or other bill payments).
LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS: Notify us (Cincinnati Federal) IMMEDIATELY if you believe your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen, or of any unauthorized transactions. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses to a minimum. You could lose all the money in your account plus any overdraft line of credit you may have. Your liability for unauthorized use of your point of sale debit card with the MasterCard logo when it is used as a MasterCard point of sale debit will not exceed (A) Zero ($0.00) if the conditions set forth have been met, or (B) if those conditions are not met, the lesser of ($50.00) or the amount of money, property, labor or services obtained by the unauthorized use before notification to the Association. Zero liability will apply only if: (1) if you report the loss or theft of your Card within twenty-four hours of discovering it lost or stolen; and (2) you can demonstrate that you have exercised reasonable care in safe-guarding your Card from risk of loss or theft; and (3) you have not reported two or more incidents of unauthorized use to us within the preceding twelve (12) months; and your account is in good standing. These consumer liability limits apply only to United States issued MasterCard branded consumer cards. If you tell the Association within two business days, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Card without permission. If you do NOT tell the Association within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card or password, and we can prove that we could’ve stopped someone from using your Card without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make or which were not authorized by you, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could’ve stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, the time period may be extended.
- If you believe your Card and/or PIN has been lost or stolen; or
- That someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission; or,
- There are errors or questions about your electronic transfers;
CALL us immediately at: (513) 921-1465 or (800) 528-2273
To write: Cincinnati Federal Savings and Loan
4310 Glenway Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45205
Call or write us as soon as possible if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on your statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of this money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
BUSINESS DAYS: For the purposes of this disclosure, our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays as defined by the Federal Reserve.
TYPES OF TRANSFERS AND LIMITATIONS
You may use your MasterMoney or ATM Card to:
- Withdraw cash from your checking or savings account;
- Make deposits to your checking or savings account;
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts;
- Pay for purchases at places that have agreed to accept your Card;
Some of these services may not be available at all terminals.
For security purposes, there are specific dollar limits as to how much you may withdraw from an ATM within a given period. Similarly, there are limitations on the dollar amounts that you my purchase within a time frame using your MasterMoney Card. You may call us to find out what these amounts are, and/or to request a change in amount. Should there be any other limits imposed on the number of withdraws you can make and the amounts you can withdraw within any period using our ATM machines, you will be notified by us in writing. Note also that the limits on the use of your card may be different at various locations.
FEES: There will be no charge to you for the use of Cincinnati Federal ATMs. A fee may be imposed by the owner of an automated teller machine for transactions at non-Cincinnati Federal ATMs. We may charge you any applicable fees as published in our current Fee Schedule, which is available upon request.
CONFIDENTIALITY: We will disclose information to third parties about your account or transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau, merchant or financial institution, or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
- If you give us written permission.
DOCUMENTATION: Receipts are provided at the time you make any transfer to or from your account at an ATM and are available from a merchant when a point-of-sale transaction is completed. As owner of a statement savings account and/or checking account, you will receive monthly statements. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, you can call us at the office where your account is located or any office number located on this brochure to find out whether or not the deposit was made. If EFT transfers are pre-authorized credits to your PASSBOOK account, bring your book to us and we will record all electronic deposits that were made since the last time you brought in your passbook.
PREAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS: If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments by calling the phone number or writing to the Glenway Ave address shown on this form in time for us to receive your request at least three days before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require that you put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. You may be charged for each stop payment order that you request based on our current Fee Schedule. Be sure to tell us the name of the person or company to whom the payment is scheduled to be made and the amount of the payment. If these payments may vary in amount, the person or company you are going to pay will tell you ten (10) days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set. If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE A TRANSACTION: If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have sufficient money in your account to make the transfer;
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line;
- If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash;
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer;
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken;
- There may be other exceptions in our agreement with you.